Existing home sales have improved right along with new home sales. To compete in the growing market, staging your home and making small but noticeable improvements can set your home apart from other comparable homes in the market. It doesn’t have to be expensive, just make your home look as clean and new as possible, with minimal clutter, so that buyers can picture themselves in the various spaces in your home.
1) Remove posts and half walls. Buyers are seeking open format, spacious floor plans. Partial walls and decorative posts break up a room. Take out all unnecessary structures to open your space.
2) Replace corroded or damaged doorknobs and cabinet knobs. The updated fixture don’t have to be expensive, just look clean and new.
3) Cover scuffs or marks on walls and baseboards with a little touch-up paint. You may have lived there fifteen years but it doesn’t have to look like fifteen years of abuse.
4) Remove old outdated wallpaper. Wallpaper designs and decorating tastes vary widely, so replace wallpaper with light neutral paint (i.e. gray, beige) that works easily with any furniture or color pallets of a potential buyer.
5) Clear shelves and surfaces of personal pictures and knick-knacks. While these things are wonderful to you, they can make it hard for buyers to see themselves in your home, not to mention preserving your anonymity.Removal of these things opens up your space and clears distractions to the eye.
Need help? Call The Trembley Group at 843.945.1880 ext. 100 and we’ll help you look for the perfect listing or buyers agent!
At The Trembley Group, we pride ourselves on being the experts at more than just selling real estate. We are local residents, some of us have been here for a lifetime. The rest of us will be here until the end of time. We love living, working, and playing in the diverse backyard of Coastal Carolina, and look forward to helping you live and love your dreams soon too. Please reach out to us by phone or email for personalized service and one-on-one advice.